It’s been sooo hard to keep this quiet all the time I was planning and making this quilt, but I’ve finally got it all done, written and converted into a pdf and listed in the etsy shop!
The actual quilt will be on its way to my preggo sister in Alaska soon (should I wash and dry it before I send it so it’s all nice and crinkly?) and I hope Homeland Security doesn’t hang onto it for two bloody months like they did my Xmas etsy orders.
Anyhoo, the quilt:
The finished quilt measures approx. 48″ by 56″.
To make this quilt, you will need:
• 9 x 1/3 yards or 30 cm different fabrics (That’s LONG 1/3 yards, as that’s the easiest way to set about it.) Total for top: 3 yds/ meters
• Optional extras: An additional 2 fabrics, which only need to be about 6 inches wide (about 10-15cm) will be helpful as well, but aren’t strictly necessary. Solids work perfectly.
• Binding: for 2.5” wide binding, you’ll need 15” or 40cm fabric (that’s straight
grain binding, not bias). For 2” wide binding, you’ll need 12” or 30cm fabric. (I always recommend 2.5″ wide binding.)
• Backing: 2.25 yards or 2 meters of 42-44” wide fabric, plus you can use the 4”
wide strip left over from the blocks, if you end up with it.
There is also a full binding tutorial, from calculating how much you need, through to making it and sewing it onto your quilt top, plus some tips on quilting.
As you can see, it’s very beginner friendly, although I would like to think experienced quilters would enjoy making it, too.
It’s on offer in my etsy shop for $7.50.
I would like some impartial feedback on the quilt pattern, as this is the first one I’m offering up for sale. If you would like a free copy emailed to you, here are the rules:
- I’m only giving out three, so if you want it, leave me a comment with your email address (i.e. jennaexcell (at) gmail(dot)com) If there are already three comments below the giveaway is closed.
- If you do take it, I want feedback emailed to me within 2 weeks. You don’t have to make the quilt in 2 weeks, just read the pattern and tell me what you think.
- By participating, you’ll be giving me permission to quote from your feedback on the blog, etsy shop, etc. I will NOT use your real name!! Just a first name and last initial, i.e.: J. Excell says…..
- What I’m looking for is feedback on whether I’ve explained everything well, places where I need to add more explanation, and whether overall you thought reading it was a fairly good experience – more like petting puppies than having a root canal!
- If you do make the quilt, please send me pics!