Please Support My Sponsors:
These People Are Virtually My Friends:
- I Made A Thing! And Some Moving News
- The Depression Vacation
- Manic Monday Linky Party
- Book Review: The Complete Machine Quilting Manual
- (I’m in) Sewing World Magazine ;)
- Manic Monday Linky Party
- Friday Feature and Finishes
- Abakhan Sponsors: Klona Cotton Solids & Lined Drawstring Bag Pattern Review
- Knitting: On and Off the Needles
- Tula Pink Sew Along: LOVE Quilt (Sponsored by Abakhan)
What’d she say?
About Me:I'm a geeky, happy, sewing-obsessed wife, mother and crafter. I'm an American living happily in the UK with my lovely husband and tween daughter. I create handmade handbags, quilts, and other accessories. I love writing my blog and publishing craft tutorials, and I also write quilt and bag patterns. If you're looking to be featured or want other information, email me at jennaexcell(@)gmail.com
Tag Archives: zig zag mug rug tutorial
Hey, did you leave a link or two on Manic Monday Linky Party? Go do that now! Also, I found a whole bunch of awesome SALE bundles at JAQS fabrics - like 12 FQs for only $15!!! So go check out Q’s shop!
It’s 10.5″ by 8.5″ finished. I got the idea for this from Crazy Mom’s zig zag quilt tutorial. For this mug rug’s front you’ll need:
- A- 1} 2.5″ x 1.5″
- B- 1} 2.5″ x 1.5″ and 1} 5″ x 1.5″
- C- 1} 5″ x 1.5″ and 1} 7.5″ x 1.5″
- D- 1} 7.5″ x 1.5″ and 1} 10″ x 1.5″
- E- 1} 10″ x 1.5″ and 1} 7.5″ x 1.5″
- F 1} 7.5″ x 1.5″ and 1} 7.5″ x 1.5″ and 1} 2.5″ x 1.5″
- G- 1} 7.5″ x 1.5″ and 5″ x 1.5″
- H- 1} 5″ x 1.5″ and 2.5″ x 1.5″
- I- 1} 2.5″ x 1.5″
- J- 1} 2.5″ x 1.5″
Now, you need to sew those longer strips together. They get arranged in the logical way -
- The two small A and B get sewn together on the long sides
- B and C’s 5″ strips get sewn together
- C and D’s 7.5″ strips get sewn together
- D and E’s 10″ strips get sewn together
- E and F’s 7.5″ strips get sewn together
- F and G’s 7.5″ strips get sewn together
- F’s 2.5″ strip gets sewn to J’s 2.5″ strip
- G and H’s 5″ strips get sewn together
- H and I’s 2.5″ strips get sewn together
Now you need to cut your long strips into 2.5″ long blocks:
Then it’s just a matter of lining them all up and sewing them together. I sew 4 little blocks together, then start sewing them into bigger pieces. But you can do whatever you’re comfortable with.
And here it is, all finished with pretty yellow binding:
And here’s the back, complete with my new small quilt labels from Spoonflower. You can make your own too.
If you make something from a SewHappyGeek tutorial, take a pic and add it to the SewHappyGeek Flickr group!
© Copyright J C Excell, 2011. You are welcome to use any SewHappyGeek tutorial for personal use. You are even welcome to make a couple to sell, but you are not given permission to use my pictures or my words without giving me credit and linking back to the original. You are NEVER allowed to copy an entire tutorial or post.
Sometimes my pictures have my family in them and they are never intended for public use. Also, I work very hard to provide free tutorials for my lovely readers, and anyone copying or selling my tutorials is guilty of copyright infringement.
This website is protected by Copyscape and is checked regularly, which means I WILL find you.