Ok, for those of you who tried & failed to get into the website in the past few days, because your browser said I was distributing malware, we’ve fixed the problem. That was a long, complicated sentence which reflects the long, complicated process we went through! But I learned a few things along the way, and if you have a blog/website too, here are a few tips:
- Backup regularly. Like every week or two weeks. Better safe than sorry.
- Get a Webmaster tool going on your blog – it’s free from Google and Google will warn you of dodgy stuff on your site as soon as it sees it.
- The problem isn’t going to be obvious & even when you fix it, it takes a few hours to go through the interweb – in this case, my sponsor Simply Solids had been hacked, so one of the jpgs I’d borrowed from her in a post had been hacked to contain virus information. How did we finally discover this? Webmaster tools.
Anyway, it should be all fine now. Chrome is the first browser to identify that my website is clean, so it may still take another day to filter the info out to the other browsers. But PLEASE tell me if you’re having a problem (sewhappygeek (at) gmail.com)
Linky Party Rules:
- You can link anything you’ve created – an etsy shop, blog or tutorial, whatever.
- You can leave up to 2 links
- Please visit at least one other link and comment!
- I’ll be featuring a few on the blog on Feature Friday
- You are welcome to add my party button to your blog, but you don’t have to!
P.S. Because the Google Overlords want to force the entire planet into using their crazy social application, my Google Friend Connect widget has been cancelled. But you can still get me in your Google Reader (or any other reader) by clicking on the Feedburner (RSS) link below.
© J C Excell, 2012