****************SIGN UPS FOR THIS SWAP ARE NOW CLOSED****************
I have some AWESOME news – I’ve finally put together the next swap! Due to popular demand, this swap will be for a table runner/wall hanging.
The reason I’ve put a /wall hanging behind that is because some of us (me, for example) don’t have a table on which we can display a table runner. So anyone who signs up for the swap can choose whether they will use it as a runner or a wall hanging. If that is the case, the person making the piece can put two loops in when she attaches the binding to the back, which will enable us sans table people to easily hang it up on a dowel at home. (BTW, I’m not going to force you to add this, but I do recommend it AND I will post a tutorial showing you how. Trust me, it’s a piece of cake.)
Here is the schedule:
7 Sept – 30 Sept: Sign ups
1 Oct- 4 Oct: I’ll assign partners
4Oct- 15 Nov: Stalking the Flickr Mosaics, etc, making the runners/wall hangings
15 Nov: Last day to post
Here are the rules:
- You MUST be reliable – I had a bit of trouble in the last mug rug swap and I really don’t want to have that again! So if you are absolutely sure you can make and post by 15 Nov, please do sign up!
- You MUST have a Flickr account – most of the swap and discussions will be conducted there.
- This will be a SECRET SWAP – you can discover your partner’s likes and dislikes via their Flickr mosaics, photostream and blog (if applicable).
- This is an INTERNATIONAL swap – you may have to post outside of your country.
- To make things easier on your partner, you must join and put a mosaic in the Swap Flickr group by 7 Oct. It also helps to beef up your profile with your likes and dislikes – see my Flickr profile for an example.
Some tutorials to help inspire you:
Amy Smart’s easy Table Runner on V&Co.
Tipnut’s list of 25 Table Runner Tutorials
Camille’s Charm Pack Table Runner on Moda Bake Shop
Idaho Quilter’s QAYG Table Runner
Polka Dot Chair’s Melissa’s Skinny Table Runner